Click the link below
to view details and to register!
You are cordially invited to participate in the 24th Annual Meeting & Educational Conference!
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Time: Sign in: 7:45 am // Conference: 8:45 am-5:00 pm (Times are subject to change)
Cost: (Tier Structured Fees as follows)
- $65 Members in good standing (membership current)
- $75 Non-Members
- $85 Attend and become an INM Member ($5 savings to new members!)
- $90 Attend and renew INM Membership.
Last day to register by mail, April 8th / online, April 10th (Any late registrations will be returned unprocessed.
Please note: Walk-ins will not be allowed to enter so be sure to register early as seating is limited!)
Location: Spectacular Event Center, 395 Griffin Road, Bangor, Maine, 04401. [Map]
Payment is required at the time of the online registration using a major credit card through our PayPal portal
(You do not need to be a member of PayPal to use this online service.)
If you have any questions regarding the registration process for this INM Sponsored Event, please contact Member Services at MemberServices@informednotariesofmaine.org
24th Annual Maine Notary Public Education Conference
Sponsored by Informed Notaries of Maine
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Spectacular Event Center, Bangor
|7:45 AM – 8:45 AM:||Check-In/Continental Breakfast/Vendors|
|8:45 AM – 9:00 AM:||Intro/Housekeeping|
|9:00 AM – 10:15 AM:||Session A: “How to Start a Small, Home Business”|
|Session B: “Panel Discussion with INM Leadership entitled – ‘What Do I Do?’”|
|10:15 AM – 10:45 AM:||AM Break/Vendors|
|10:45 AM – 12:00 PM:||Keynote Speaker: Megan Papesh, PhD, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA. Presenting “How to read facial expressions and movements to detect dishonesty” (working title)|
|Click here for information on our Keynote Speaker!
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM:||Lunch/Vendors|
|1:00 PM – 2:30 PM:||Workshop A, Part 1: Notary 101|
|Workshop B, Part 1: Performing Beautiful Weddings|
|Workshop C, Part 1: Mobile Notary Signing Agents|
|2:30 PM – 2:45 PM:||PM Break/Vendors|
|2:45 PM – 4:00 PM:||Workshop A, Part 2: Notary 101|
|Workshop B, Part 2: Performing Beautiful Weddings|
|Workshop C, Part 2: Mobile Notary Signing Agents|
|4:00 PM – 5:00 PM:||Drawings (You must be present to win)|
|Collection of Evaluations|
Guest Accommodations: SOLD OUT!
This year’s accommodations will be provided by the Fairfield Inn, Marriott.
INM has negotiated a great discounted rate for the folks coming from afar, that would like to attend the INM Conference.
This venue is only 2.5 miles from our conference venue!
We have contracted a block of rooms at this wonderful venue for guest accommodations for the night of April 19th,
to allow those coming from a distance to be refreshed for the conference event the next morning!
The venue is located at 300 Odlin Road, Bangor, ME 04401.
Amenities include: a full-service business center onsite, fitness center onsite, complimentary continental breakfast; as well as, complimentary hot breakfast if you prefer that! Available rooms are limited to a single king bed (limited number of these!) and 2 double bed rooms. Be sure to specify what you require at the time of reservation! All rooms are non-smoking rooms. Rooms include shower/tub combination, hair dryer, oversized chair, alarm clock, desk w/electrical outlets, iron & ironing board, coffee maker/tea service, phone (w/voicemail capability), high-speed internet access (w/complimentary wireless), 32-inch LCD TV (cable/satellite, CNN & ESPN, and radio).
To receive this discounted rate of $119.00/night, you must inquire in person or by phone.
You can contact them for more information and/or to make reservation at: 207-990-0001.
You must mention INM to receive the discount!
This great discounted rate expires on March 20, 2017, so be sure to reserve your room early!
Registration Cut-off for this event is:
Monday, April 10, 2017
Any late registrations will incur a $10 late fee and will be added to the waitlist.
A waitlist will be established for any registrations over our seating capacity and will be first come first serve seat availability basis.
Walk-ins will be added to our waitlist; but, may not get a seat – so be sure to register early as seating is limited! We would hate to have to turn you away!
Key Information for Vendors:
- The Vendor Fair is open from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM.
- Set up begins at 7:00 AM.
- The Vendor Fee of $75 includes: one skirted table; one sit-down luncheon designed for networking; parking space close to entrance for the day; a 5×7 ad in our conference program; mention as a vendor in any email blasts to our membership; as well as postings on our website.
- Please be sure to provide us with any ad copy and photos that you wish to have in your ad; see form for details. The deadline for Ad Copy is February 28, 2017.
- Additional meal tickets are available for purchase ($40 each additional meal) if you bring any associates to assist at your table.
- If you require power, it is available at an additional cost of $25.
- We respectfully request that each vendor provide an item for the raffle drawings that take place throughout the day. The item can be one of your products, a gift certificate, or anything of your choosing. The item does not have to be a product displayed by the vendor or associated with any vendor wares.
Each year, INM holds an Annual Education Conference which attracts notaries throughout the state of Maine. This year is our 24th Anniversary!
Our conference has been a successful event over the past several years, and spaces do fill up quickly. The last time we were in the Bangor area, we had over 150 attendees from across the state of Maine.
Being a Notary Public in Maine allows our notaries to provide many types of notarial services. Notaries have branched out to provide wedding and mobile notary/notary signing agent services, and these practices have required our notaries to be proactive in promoting the services in their ‘niche’. Many title companies have used the services of Maine notary signing agents to facilitate signing assignments outside the normal 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM business day. Therefore, we feel that your company might just be the company that these notaries are looking for to establish a relationship that will be beneficial to both of you!
We are currently looking for Sponsors for our 24th Annual Conference who might be interested in sponsoring a coffee break or training workshop for this event.
For a $300 Gold Level Sponsorship, your company would get to sponsor a workshop/training event, which would include:
- Signage indicated that the training was sponsored by your company;
- You would be verbally announced throughout the day as sponsoring a particular training;
- A free full-page color ad in the Annual Conference Program, our Informer Newsletter, and a listing on our website;
- You would also be mentioned in any email blast that go out to our member base with hyperlinks to your company page;
- Ad copy must be received by February 28, 2017.
For a $150 Silver Level Sponsorship, your company would get to sponsor one of the two available coffee times, which would include:
- Coffee and a snack;
- Signage indicating that your company was sponsoring the coffee break;
- A free ½ page color ad in the Annual Conference Program, our Informer Newsletter, and a listing on our website;
- You would also be mentioned in any email blasts that go out to our member base.
- Ad copy must be received by February 28, 2017.
If you have any questions, would like more information, or wish to discuss the sponsorship and/or vendor options, please contact our conference committee and we will be happy to assist you.
Both of these options would be a wonderful way to get your name out to notaries from all over the state of Maine.
Informed Notaries of Maine is an independent, non-profit organization of Maine Notaries Public. Although it works closely with the State of Maine Notary Officer, it is not run by the Secretary of State’s Office. Membership in INM is voluntary and independent from the notary commission from the State of Maine. You can find out more information about INM by visiting our website at: www.informednotariesofmaine.org.
We look forward to continuing our commitment to provide you with the best educational information for the notary. Our goal is to keep you current in all things Notary!