Board of Directors Meetings
The INM Board of Directors meets once every month. The meetings are currently scheduled to take place on the 4th Tuesday of the month from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
All Directors are expected to attend the meetings according to the bylaws. The bylaws also state that there will be at least six (6) board meetings per year. In the event of cancellation due to bad weather or scheduling conflicts all Directors will be notified by the President.
Notification of meetings and agendas will be e-mailed prior to any meeting. To verify meeting dates, times and locations, please contact INM by 3:00 PM at: (207) 619-0806 or INM President.
Although the Board of Director meetings are open meetings for all INM Members to attend as guests, you must RSVP to attend. Please contact INM President as noted above or click on the link below for the meeting you are interested in and register for it and INM will be notified.No events
Board of Director Openings
INM is seeking candidates for its Board of Directors. Do you have an interest in keeping up with notary law? Do you want to network with other notaries once a month? Do you have good organizational and communication skills?
INM has openings for several Board members. This is a volunteer position where Board members meet approximately once a month. We spend two to three hours of time per month doing committee work.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and services, please review and submit the documents below:
- Board of Directors Openings [PDF]
- Monthly Board Meetings [PDF]
- Board Member Profile [PDF]
- Board of Directors Application [PDF] (You can also complete and submit this application directly online at: Board Application)
Please take a minute and read the position description below, and if you are interested, please contact us. We will collect letters and resumes and then invite those who are interested to a Board meeting.
Job Title: INM Board Member
Summary and Scope of Position:
To serve as a volunteer on the Board of Directors for the Informed Notaries of Maine; to work as a team with existing Board directors to ensure that all Maine notaries are educated about the legal, ethical and technical facets of performing a notary act.
State of Maine notary commission, and should be a notary for a minimum of three (3) years. Current INM membership in good standing. Willingness and ability to attend board meetings once a month, and to spend at least a couple of additional hours per month [when needed] doing tasks connected to INM to promote the education of notaries in Maine. Ability to be an independent, creative, and enthusiastic team member with good oral and written communication skills. Email and computer skills are required in order to communicate with the Board.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist Board members with the following:
- Developing and promoting the highest ethical principles for notaries.
- Increasing public awareness and understanding of the notary’s vital function.
- Promoting uniform, modern and effective notarial laws in Maine.
- Planning and participating in the annual education conference.
- Assisting in various committee work of the Board. (Finance, Membership, Public Relations etc.)
- Comradery and networking with knowledgeable notaries.
- Working in conjunction with the State of Maine Notary Office (the State has an ex-officio member on our board).
- Keeping up-to-date on notary law.
Please send us a letter describing why you would be interested in this position along with a current resume if desired.
Executive Officers of the Board
Board of Directors
Notary Officer – State of Maine
Honorable Susan Collins, US Senate
Honorable Bill Diamond, Former Secretary of State
Jill Billings, Former INM member
Samuel Shapiro, Former Treasurer of State
Current Board of Directors – You can access the ‘Board of Directors ONLY’ Section once you are logged in. It will appear in your menu at the top, or you can click here.